All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)
AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) is a national level entrance exam organised by the National Law University (NLU), Delhi.
This exam is organised for providing admissions in UG & PG law courses B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M, Ph.D. Programmes, PG Diploma) offered by the Delhi national law university and its affiliated institutions. The examination conducts once in a year in the 7th May 2017.
The AILET application form was released from 3rd January 2017. Through this article, candidates can check information related to AILET 2017 & NLU Delhi Admission including application form, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc.
- D. Programmes
- PG Diploma
AILET 2017 Exam Dates
The official dates are announced by the conducting authority:
AILET 2017 Application Form
- AILET 2017 Application Forms were available from the 3rd January 2017 and available until the 15th April 2017.
- The application form will be available via online mode only.
- Candidates can fill and submit their application form through the official website of NLU, Delhi through online mode.
- The application fee will be 3000/- (for general candidates) and Rs.1000/- (for SC/ST and Persons with Disability (PD) candidates).
- BPL candidates from SC/ST category are exempted from application fee.
- The fee payment will be made through offline mode (cash deposit at a post office) and online mode (Credit Cards/Debit Cards and Net Banking).
- There is no need to send the printed application confirmation page to the University.
NLU Delhi Eligibility
The eligibility criteria are specified and prescribed by the NLU, Delhi. Candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying:
- ForA.LL.B. (Hons.) course, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with securing minimum 50% aggregate.
- The candidates must be below 20 years as on 1 July 2017 (22 years in the case of SC/ST category) for B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) programme.
- Foreign National Candidates have to secure minimum 65% marks in the qualifying examination for BA LLB course.
- ForM. (One year) The programme, aspirants should have completed LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with securing 55% marks (for general candidates) and 50% marks (for SC, ST or PWD candidates).
- ForD programme, candidates must have an LL.M. Degree or equivalent with scoring minimum 55% marks for general candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Candidates appearing in qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
Read more about AILET Eligibility Criteria
AILET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M and PhD Programmes will be different. The detailed exam pattern for these courses is mentioned below:
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.):
- of Questions: The question paper will contain total 150 multiple choice questions.
- Exam Duration: The exam duration will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded to the candidates for the correct answer.
- There will be four optional answers will be given for each question.
The exam structure is mentioned below:
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, |
History, Geography, Economics, Civics)
|Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
- of Questions: There will be100 objective type questions and one essay question.
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be around 90 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be allotted in the objective type section for a correct answer and essay section will contain 50 marks.
- Total Marks: The question paper will carry maximum 150 marks.
- Subjects: Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory
- Of Papers: The entrance exam will comprise in two papers i.e. Paper 1 (Research Methodology) and paper 2 (Research Proposal Specific Paper).
- Of Questions: The paper 1 will comprise of 100 multiple choice questions.
- Exam Duration: Paper 1 time duration will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- The paper 2 candidates have to submit a research proposal not more than 15 pages on the topic which candidates want to pursue a PhD.
- Total Marks: Each paper shall carry a maximum of 100 marks.
AILET 2017 exam will be conducted at Ahmedabad (Gandhinagar), Amritsar, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Cuttack, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Raipur, and Varanasi.
The seat reservation in BA LLB, & LL.M. programme for different categories is as the following:
For BA LLB:
|Persons with Disability||3%|
|J & K||2%|
|Persons with Disability||2.5%|
The AILET syllabus will be different for all the courses. For B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) course, questions will be asked from English, General Knowledge (Current Affairs, History, Geography, General Science, Economics and Civics), Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability).
For LL.M. programme, questions will come from these areas like Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory.
AILET 2017 Admit Card
The AILET 2017 Admit Card will be released by the University on the 14th April 2017. Candidates can download the admit card through the official website of the university.
The admit card will contain the examination details like candidate’s name & roll number, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc.
Candidates failing to bring the AILET e-admit card on the exam centre were debarred from taking the test.
Aspirants needed to ensure that the details in the e-admit card of AILET 2017 were correct and true to their knowledge.
In the case of any mistake printed in AILET 2017 e-admit card, candidates were required to get it rectified by connecting to officials, before the exam date.
Applicants were also advised to keep their respective AILET 2017 admit cards safe unless the admission process was complete.
Candidate can check more about AILET Admit Card
AILET Answer Key
The question booklet and answer key will be uploaded on the official website. On the basis of marks scored in AILET Exam, a merit list will be prepared separately for all the categories. Candidates who want to apply for the copy of OMR sheet may send a DD of Rs.1000/- drawn in the favour of Registrar National Law University Delhi.
AILET 2017 Result
Candidates who have participated in the AILET Exam can check their result through the official website of the university. The AILET 2017 Result will be declared in the month of June 2017. For BA LLB course, candidates have to secure at least 40% marks (30% marks in case of SC/ST category).
AILET 2018 (All India Law Entrance Test) will be organised once in a year. It is organised by the National Law University, Delhi. Through this exam, candidates will get admission to the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), LL.M. and PhD professional courses. AILET Application Form 2018 will be released on the 1st week of January 2018.
NLU Delhi Admission Process
The admission in different courses will be based on the rank secured by the candidates in the merit list. AILET 2017 Counselling will begin after the result declaration.
For Ph.D programme, candidates who have cleared UGC NET/JRF, SLET, and M.Phil. will be exempted from taking the admission test. For B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) course, admission in 70 seats will be done through AILET merit list and 10 seats will be reserved for direct admission to Foreign Nationals.
For LLM course, 35 seats will be filled through AILET & 5 seats will be reserved for Foreign nationals. For admission in Ph.D programme, candidates have to clear the entrance exam after candidates have to make an oral presentation before the doctoral committee.