The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2017 [JEE Advanced 2017] will be conducted by the seven Zonal Coordinating (ZC) IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2017. The performance of a candidate in this examination will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs. The decisions of the JAB 2017 will be final in all matters related to JEE Advanced 2017 and admission to IITs.
JEE Advanced Exam Date
The examination consists of two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) of three-hour duration each. Both the papers are compulsory. The examination will be held as per the following schedule
|Exam Date||Sunday, 21 May 2017|
|Paper 1||09:00 IST to 12:00 IST|
|Paper 2||14:00 IST to 17:00 IST|
Note: It may be noted that the schedule will remain the same even if 21 May 2017 is declared a public holiday.
JEE Advanced Eligibility
- Performance in JEE (Main) 2017: Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE Main 2017.The percentages of various categories are: 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and the remaining 50.5% is OPEN for all. Within each of these four categories, 3% horizontal reservation is available for PWD (including Dyslexic) candidates.
- Age Limit: Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1992. Five years relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1987.
- The number of attempts: A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years. Therefore, candidates who appeared in JEE (Advanced) 2016 for the first time are also eligible.
- Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination: A candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2016 or 2017. However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination Board results for the academic year 2014-15 were declared after June 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017
- Earlier admission at IITs: A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR accepted the IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2017.
JEE Advanced Admit Card
Candidates who successfully registered for JEE (Advanced) 2017 can download the admit card from the online registration portal: www.jeeadv.ac.in
|Portal for downloading admit card||www.jeeadv.ac.in|
|Admit card downloading||Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 10:00 IST to Sunday, May 21, 2017, 09:00 IST|
- The admit card will bear the following details of the candidate: Name, Roll number for JEE (Advanced) 2017, photograph, signature, date of birth, address for correspondence, category and language of the question paper.
- In addition, the admit card will have the name and address of the examination centre allotted to the candidate.
- Candidates should carefully examine the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2017 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT
- In case the admit card is not available for downloading, the candidate should contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2017 of the respective zonal coordinating IIT.
- A copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time of examination. The original admit card will be issued to the candidate during the Paper 1 examination. This original admit card must be retained safely till all the formalities of admission are complete.
JEE Advanced Application Form
- After login, provide the basic data including the choice of the language of question paper (English or Hindi), the choices of the cities for the examination The candidate will have the option of adding another cell phone number on top of the number/s provided during JEE (Main) registration. Please note that the JEE (Advanced) 2017 result will be sent to one of these numbers by SMS.
- Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents
- Pay registration fee
JEE Advanced Result
- Results will be declared on Sunday, June 11, 2017, 10:00 IST. Category-wise All India Ranks (AIR) of successful candidates will be available on the online portal after the results are declared. The text messages will be sent to the candidates to their registered mobile numbers
- Individual rank cards will NOT be sent to candidates.
- However, qualifying in JEE Advanced (2017), filling up choices and/or participating in the joint seat allocation process do not guarantee a candidate to get admission in IITs. Admission will depend on the availability of seats during various rounds of seat allocation.