Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT)
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University is the main conducting authority that organizes SAAT (Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test). It is a national level online entrance test held at 62 centers across 40 cities in India. This exam is conducted for admission into various UG & PG programs that are offered by the different constituent institution of the University except for medical & dental programs. The admission into MBBS & BDS course will be based on NEET score. In this article, we are updating the complete details about SAAT 2017.
Here, we are updating the official dates of the SAAT 2017.
|Application Starts Date||11th January 2017|
|Last Date of Form Submission||12th April 2017|
|Availability of admit card||15th April 2017|
|Date of Entrance Exam||Between 22nd-25th April 2017 (Announced)|
|Result Declaration||third week of May 2017|
|Counseling Starts||the first week of June 2017|
SAAT 2017 Application Form
- Candidates can get the SAAT 2017 Application Form through online process.
- The application form is provided from the 11th January 2017.
- The last date for the submission of the application form will be the 12th April 2017.
- After filling the application form, candidates can download the application form and take the print out of the application form for future reference.
- The acknowledgement for the receipt of the application form will be intimated to the candidate email-Id and mobile number through SMS.
- After the form submission, candidates can only change the applied course code and centre choice.
- There will be no application fee.
- If you applied for more than one programme, you have to fill separate application form.
- Candidates have to select date for the admission selection process separately. They will be permitted to appear for selection procedure of only one programme on a particular date.
Here, we are providing the eligibility criteria of various programmes.
Bachelor Degree Programmes
|B.Tech. / Dual Degree in Engineering||Pass/Appearing 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics & Mathematics as main subject and secure at least 50% marks.|
|B.Pharm||Pass or Appearing 10+2 examination|
|BHMCT||Pass or Appearing 10+2 examination with 45% marks (40% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC Category)|
|B.Sc. in Agriculture||Pass/Appearing 10+2 examination with not less than 50% Marks (40% marks SC/ST/PH). |
Age Limit: Lower age limit is 17 years & Upper age limit is 23 years as on 31st December, 2017.
|B.Sc. in Nursing (Basic)||Pass or Appearing at 10+2 examination with at least 45% Marks (40% marks SC/ST/PH). |
Age Limit: 17 years as on 31st December, 2017.
Master Degree Programmes
|M.Tech||Pass/Appearing in B.E./B.Tech/AMIE/MCA/M.Sc. or equivalent and obtain at least 50% marks. |
Note: GATE qualified candidates are exempted from the entrance exam, but they have to submit the filled up form.
|MCA||Pass/Appearing three year Bachelor Degree with at least 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC Category). |
Note: Candidates having Business mathematics at +2 or +3 level are not eligible.
|MBA/MHA/ MHM/MTTM||Pass or Appearing Bachelor Degree or equivalent with at least 50%marks (45% SC/ST/OBC category).|
|M.Pharm||Pass or appearing B.Pharm examination and obtain at least 55% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/OBC category). |
Note: GPAT qualified candidates are exempted from the entrance test, but they have to submit the filled up form.
|M.Sc||Pass/Appearing three or four years Bachelor Degree with at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST/ OBC category).|
|M.Sc Nursing||Passed B.Sc. Nursing Degree with 55%.|
Lateral Entry Programmes
|Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy & Hotel Management||Pass/Appearing Diploma candidate with less than 60% marks.|
|MCA||Pass or appearing three year BCA, BSCIT and B.Sc. in Computer Science with at least 60% of marks.|
SAAT Exam Pattern
- Date of Exam: SAAT Entrance Exam 2017 will be held between 22nd-25th April 2017.
- Type: Multiple choice types written test.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Language: The medium of the entrance exam will be English.
- Duration: The number of questions will be 60 per each hour of the examination.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 4 marks will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted. If more than one circle is darkened for one question, it will be treated as an incorrect answer and one mark will be deducted.
The syllabus of the entrance exam will be vary according to the courses. Here we are mentioning few courses syllabus.
|B.Tech/DDE/B.Pharm/B.Sc Ag./B.Sc Nursing)||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology (Botany or Zoology)|
|Lateral Entry B.Tech (except Pharmacy and BHMCT)||Basic Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering Mechanics,|
|MCA||Mathematics, Computer Awareness|
|BHMCT||Reasoning, Service Aptitude, General English, General Knowledge, General Science, Numerical Aptitude|
|MBA||Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, Comprehension, Computer Fundamentals|
|MCA (lateral entry)||Mathematics, Computer Fundamentals/ Programming Languages/ Operating Systems.|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|Women Candidates (except for MBBS and BDS courses)||30%|
Note: No reservation norms will be applicable for lateral entry admissions.
SAAT 2017 Admit Card
SAAT Admit Card 2017 will be sent to the candidates through email about 7 days prior to the entrance. It will be sent on 15th April 2017. Candidates can also download their admit card from the website. The SAAT Hall Ticket 2017 will comprise of name of candidate, photograph, address, address of the Test Centre allotted and test schedule. Candidates must preserve the admit card till the admission process is over.
SAAT 2017 Result
SAAT 2017 Result will be announced in the official portal on the third week of May 2017. After the result announcement, the merit list will be prepared. Separate merit lists will be prepared for the qualifying candidates on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. For each reserved category, separate merit lists will also be drawn up for the candidates. In case, if the eligible candidate belongs to the one of the reserved categories will not available, then their seats will be filled up by the General category. All the selected candidates will get intimation of their selection via an Admission Letter which will be sent to their registered email address.
SOA University also known as Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University is the authority organizes university level exam. This exam is called as Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University Admission Test (SAAT). Through this exam, students will get admission to the UG & PG courses. The application form will be issued from the 3rd week of January 2018.
SAAT 2017 Counselling
The exact schedule of the counselling/ percentage of seat allocation will be intimated to the qualified candidates along with their rank cards. The online counselling may be started from the first week of June 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be called to attend an open counselling for admission into different programmes of the university. The SAAT 2017 Counselling and seat allotment will be based on the merit list & choice of candidates. During counselling process, the candidate has a choice to fill up for various courses. Seat allocation is based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam. At the time of counselling, all the original certificates will be verified.
Documents required at the time of counselling
- SAAT 2017 Admit Card
- SAAT 2017 Rank Card
- ID Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Leaving Certificate
- 10th& 12th Passing Certificate
- 10th& 12th Mark sheets
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree Mark Sheet
- Four recent passport sizes colored photographs
- Caste Certificate